Hadn't had a marathon cooking day in a while. Productive day! Hehe. This is after a half lazy Saturday.
Yesterday we spent all morning watching the Olympics. Cleaned out fridge of leftovers. Finally went out at 3pm to go grocery shopping. After dropping the food at home, it was right back out to meet friends for dinner. We went to this Cuban restaurant for the prix-fixe specials this week. I ordered the steak, which originally came with yuca fries, but because I'm not eating fried foods I asked them if I could have them boiled. The waitress wasn't sure if the kitchen would do it, but she would ask. When the food came out, I got the boiled yuca with a side of mojo. Yum! The other waiter/host came around later and saw my plate and said "oh you're the lucky one with the boiled yuca!. That's how we normally eat it, with garlic, not the fried way". Made me happy :) Flan de coco for dessert was good too. The chocolate cake was yummy, but we recognized it is from Costco!
Today we woke up early to go to church, then some Hong Kong style breakfast and grocery shopping. Back home by 10:30 a.m. and started cooking. I wanted to clean up our freezer a bit of the frozen prepared meats we've had for a while, so I cooked a lot of food for the week: chicken+pork with snap peas in black bean sauce (2 lunches today and 3 more portions for the week), Hawaiian-style pork ribs in the slow cooker (first time trying recipe - yummy!), ground turkey pasta sauce with linguine, and bok choy. Oh, and a lemon cake for fun. Yup, definitely have a lot of fun for the week. Hopefully it's enough variety that I won't get sick of it by Tuesday.
Sunday, February 09, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment