I think this makes up for my baking failure after a disastrous, over-baked, too many chocolate chips bread last time.
I chose cranberries instead of chocolate, which added a nice tart and sweetness and no overwhelming chocolate overload. I also watched the timing. Oh, and I split into 2 mini pans, instead of 3, which made for fuller, fluffier and with crispy top loaves! I used to think 2 mini pans was too much, which is why I bought another set of 2 to make 3 loaves per half-recipe (following my math? Hehehe), but I have now learned 3 is too little and makes not-so-fluffy, no crunchy top loaves. Lesson learned!. Now I can make the full recipe (if I have enough leftover banana) with the 4 mini pans!
PS: organic bananas go brown faster. I either buy fewer next time or prepare myself for more banana bread in my future.
Wednesday, June 05, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The bread looks delicious. I love banana bread. Will try to make some this weekend.
Post a Comment