Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Compost Cookies

For my birthday, JOSE got me a couple of gourmet cookies packages. The box comes with pre-measured, pre-mixed dry ingredients. Just add butter, eggs and other stuff.

The first one we tried was the Momofuku Milk Compost Cookies. It's like a chocolate chip cookies, but with a lot more stuff: butterscotch bits, graham cracker crumbs, coffee grinds... Plus you add your own potato chips and pretzels!!!

I made these while CCC and JB were here so they could try them. I didn't have pretzels, but I improvized. Since I'm not eating fried foods (e.g. potato chips), I added baked cracker chips. I did add potato chips to half the batch for others, to make it closer to the recipe.

I like the cookies. My only gripe is the box should tell you the instructions or at least a "heads up" on the outside. I was going to make them in the morning, but then I read the instructions. All ingredients had to be room temperature, and even after mixing everything you have to shape them into balls on baking sheets and put them in the fridge, covered in plastic wrap. Way too much...

The cookies were tasty. A bit too crunchy and thin for my taste (which they could be a bit thicker), but yummy.

Hopefully they made their way to LA okay!

No comments: