Monday, March 18, 2013

Food updates

Last week I made a chocolate cake for a coworker friend's birthday. I usually don't like making cakes, preferring individual baked goods like cookies or muffins, but it was for a birthday so it had to be bigger than my usual baking treats. It's a chocolate cake with ganache glaze. Although the recipe was pretty easy, it took a while to put everything together. The cake was super fudgey - not a bad thing, just not my preference. Ganache was good but messy.

The last two Sundays I've tried to quench my crunchy/fried food cravings (I've given up deep-fried foods as part of lent) by making my own oven-baked french fries and chicken wings/strips. They were good. But not crunchy enough for my crunchy-food deprived mind. Oh well.

PS: leftover fries make for good spanish omelette/frittata later in the week :)

1 comment:

Chams in PTY said...

Try using panko breadcrumbs for a thicker crunchier coating for the oven bakes chicken, you can also add some mayonaise (or ranch dressing) to the egg wash