Made some turnip cake and tea eggs in advance of Chinese New Year this week.
I bought these new round tins especially for making turnip cakes cause they fit in our pasta pot, which has a strainer part and steamer basket so I can cook both tins at the same time. Before I had to use two pie pans and have two pots going at the same time. I also went simple this time, with just carrots and lap cheung.
First time making tea eggs. I don't eat them, but T does. It was fun to make. I didn't want to buy a box of black tea, so I went to the bulk store. They had all kinds of loose leaf teas and individual tea bags you but by weight, except just plain black tea!!! Seriously!? After some google searches I found the Assam tea they had was a type of black tea, so I went with that. Also awesome is buying a single cinnamon stick - hehe, 10 cents! The crackling is cool, they look like dinosaur eggs :)
Sunday, February 03, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment