I'm too lazy right now to check right now how many blog posts are about what I do when T is away. But I do feel like I should report on my weekend alone even though it probably boring to everyone else.
T left early on Saturday. I slept in a bit. I dragged myself out of bed to go to the farmers' market. I'd been wanting to go for a while, but laziness has won the past recent weekends. I wasn't so much going for food, but to get some mini loaf pans. I had 2 but my favo(u)rite banana bread recipe made more than what can fit in 2 pans. They come in pairs, so now I have 4. I see banana bread in my near future!
After the market I returned home to put the meats I bought in the fridge. Then headed back out to go uptown to my two usual kitchen/home stores. An unplanned stop at the bookstore resulted in 6 books for $32! I'm set on the chick lit front for a while :). A lunch stop and then stores, where of course I bought a bit more than what I was planning, but home organization is always fun.
I was planning to catch a movie at 4pm. However, shopping took a bit longer than planned plus an unexpected stop because I thought one of the things I bought was broken (turns out the broken piece was just a temporary protector thingy). I made it to the theatre at 3:55, but the ticket line was long. One of the perks of living downtown (and having a transit day pass), I decided to go home and catch the 6:45 showing instead. I don't mind going to movies on my own. Usually happens when T is away or there's a movie I really want to see but it's not worth the extra $ if T doesn't really want to see it. Anyway, the movie about acapella singing college groups that's out in theatres right now is actually really fun to watch and very funny. No crazy glee drama and the music is fun. Afterward I grabbed a quick dinner while letting the rain pass before going home for the night.
Sunday was a "back to the routine" day. After waking up late, I went to church at noon (after a month and a half hiatus due to travel, laziness and sickness). Per my old routine it was time for lunch nearby, however I didn't feel like eating anything in chinatown. I ended up at the art gallery's members-only lounge next to our place. It's a smalle little cafe-style place inside the museum, with a very small selection of sandwiches, but it suited a quiet Sunday afternoon reading a book. We definitely have to go back for more lazy Sunday afternoons where T can work and I can read. Something soothing about sitting in couches at a gallery/cafe. A quick nap afterwards and back to cooking for the week.
Monday, October 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wish I was there. We could have gone to a girl movie together:)
Post a Comment