Saturday, October 06, 2012

Happy thanksgiving!

We just finished hosting a Canadian thanksgiving dinner with T's students. Crazy me, I've been up since 5am. It wasn't planned but I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. So I started prepping/cooking. I thought I'd crashed midday, but I think I only napped for 20 minutes in between turkey bastings.

On the menu: guacamole for appetizer; rosemary+lemon+garlic turkey; carrots cooked with the turkey; roasted potatoes; green beans in cream of mushroom; and pumpkin pie and jello for dessert.

On the potatoes, I found this cool idea online. You cut thin slices, but not cut all the way so the potato stays whole. The potatoes took a while to cook cause of the lower temperature for the turkey, and I wished they were a little crispier, but they were good. And made a good topic of conversation.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Neat potatoes. Maybe try it with different patterns next time!

carmen said...

YUM!