A few weekends ago I bought a bunch of bananas to eat at the market, but they hid under some bags and I completely forgot about them... By the time I found them, there were way too many brown spots for my taste, and baked banana good was the only destiny for them. The result was a banana rcake recipe I've been wanting to try out from one of my recipe books. That weekend I was going away for work and I didn't have to cook for the week (T was taken care of with planned leftovers), so it was a good time to try out a new recipe. And it made a good snack to take on the plane. (sorry, no pics of the cake).
While I was in Victoria for work, I found a Lemon Blueberry Loaf recipe in the newspaper that sounded yummy. I took a picture of the newspaper to "copy" the recipe (in case I couldn't find it online, but I didn't need it). I put in fewer blueberries than what it called for (cause I ran out), but there were more than just the one you see on the picture. I was right on cuting down the sugar amount (way too much), plus it is not needed since it has a lemon glaze, which makes a nice tart/sweet contrast. I overcooked the 9x5 loaf (I love my mini loaves).
Tonight was cocoa brownies with a banana twist. Same recipe I made back in December but I added 1.5 bananas as a trial (I got the idea from the blondies with banana I also made in dec.). For some reason, the batter starting bubbling up while cooking (were bananas the cause?). Just tried a piece - very fudgey. I think the banana add-on might be better for a cake-ier, not so fudgey type of brownie. Still yummy. Oh yeah, the reason for today's chocolate dessert is that lent is over and I can have chocolate!
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment