Luckily it was enough to keep me awake long enough to shower, make changes to our work presentation for today, and get comfy. I managed to get about 5 hours of sleep, but woke up a few times. I think I was nervous of not waking up in the morning and missing my meeting with the boss.
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
First work trip
I'm on my first work trip since moving to TO. All travel to date has been local. Hard to believe its been 3 years since I had to pack a carry-on for work. I used to love going away: the miles, the hotels, good times after meeting with coworkers. However, this time I'm a bit nervous, probably cause it's my first one and it's with my boss. Trying to enjoy it as much as I can. Except the delayed flight over late at night that landed at midnight pst (3 am my time). My plan was to not sleep on the plane. I usually sleep, at least for a bit, but I knew if I even slept for 5 minutes it would ruin my sleepiness for when I got in. I had some reading to do and then I had the wonderful tv system to keep me entertained. I watched a movie and a bunch of tv shows. I brought some raspberries and snacks to eat, and drank lots of water (whic definitely kept me up since I had to get up a few times..) I was doing great staying up during the 5+ hours flight!...... Until the last few minutes of descent, when to avoid feeling nauseous like I usually do, I closed my eyes... And suddenly we were at the gate. Agh!!! I couldn't have slept for very long but I was nervous cause any little amount has a bug impact.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment