They also had door prizes, a 50/50 draw (so close too, the person next to me who bought tickets right before me won the $$), and a silent auction. Most of the prizes were not great - random plates, barbie dolls and gift baskets. But I did bid on the one I thought was great - a backpack and travel passport case. We were the second bid and held on to it for almost the whole night... We were bummed when they extended the auction another half hour, but since most people were leaving and we kept a watch of it from our table, we thought we were going to get it... And when they closed it earlier than the half hour, we really did think we had it... Except someone snuck in at the very last minute!!! Boooo... It was the first person who bid on it. But it was written in red pen, so we thought maybe she was on the inside (ie. one of the volunteers working the auction). She wasn't, and we are just bummed to have lost it after watching it for so long..Boo again. I guess we need keep a better watch next time right at closing time. Oh well, I'll just have to stick to the backpack I was going to buy online anyway.
Happy St. Patrick's day! Also known as my birthday minus one month :)
No comments:
Post a Comment