Sunday, July 03, 2011

Baking Project: Recipe #5

We went away two weekends ago and I've been lazy since, so I'm doing away with the "weekly" counter. Also, on Friday I made these mango popovers that were a disaster, but I'm not counting them... Hehehe...

Today's recipe was actually a redo. I tried making this blueberry coffee cake a year ago, but it came out flat and dense. This was back when I didn't know using all-purpose flour instead self-rising flour would not work at all... I still have only all-purpose flour, but I've learned you can add baking powder and salt to make my own self-rising. I'm trying not to change/substitute ingredients for this project, but I also used strawberries instead of blueberries and lime zest instead of lemon 'cause that's what I had fresh in the fridge.

The cake turned out really yummy!!! The strawberries were nice and sweet, and the cake turned out fluffy and light. Very good when served warm. Hopefully still yummy after it cools completely.

Grade: A+. Definitely a keeper!



(I get really excited when stuff look similar to the pictures in the recipe book)

No comments: