Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sundays

I have tried to come up with a routine on Sunday afternoons to cook big batches of food for weekday lunches at work and dinner (too tired to cook when I come home).

Today was meatloaf! From the new cookbook, it's a really simple recipe for turkey meatloaf. I tried it with the turkey a few weeks ago and it was good (maybe a bit dry, it perhaps I overcooked it?). It calls for chili sauce, but I didn't want to buy a whole bottle just for this. My solution: ketchup and sriracha sauce! I went overboard with the sriracha and was not too happy (T liked it though). But meatloaf makes for a good lunch at the office. Today, I tried it with half pork and half beef, and less spicy. Plus, I got a 10-lb bag of potatoes to make a giant batch of mashed potatoes with roasted garlic!!! Yay for comfort foods for the week!

No comments: