Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turkey tradition

Last year was our first holidays in TO and we hosted a pot luck dinner with our friends. It was my chance to cook my first turkey and use my new roasting pan. This year we are going home for the holidays but we wanted to hang out with friends (and I had the crazy need to make a turkey again). So two years makes a tradition! I was too lazy to brine and just did a regular butter rub + roast + baste. Turned out really good :). We made the turkey, mashed potatoes and mini cheesecakes. Our friends brought more veggies and salad and fruit.

This is actually the third time I make a turkey. We hosted a party in July and I made one then, but I think I undercooked it a bit. Luckily it didn't make anyone sick (at least I hope not). Now I think I got the gist of it, with and without brine. =P

Gobble gobble! Happy Belated Thanksgiving everyone! Let the holidays begin!

No comments: