Wednesday, March 31, 2010

When you got nothing to say...

... talk about the weather.

First we had a snowless November.  Snow is pretty, but I welcome the non minus-double-digit days. December through February was nice.  Snow here and there, but not enough to pile up, get all mushy and gross.  A few minus days, nothing too bad.

Then came a wacky March.  Two weeks ago we had 17ºC day, apparently breaking the record high.  Last week it was -Xº, but I don't think it was in the minus double-digits.  And today, they report "There has never been a March in history when there haven't been any flakes of snow. Until now." If you wonder how far back "in history" means (like I did... 'cause it is the great white north here), it means since record keeping started in 1845.   "Normally, March in Toronto means an average of 22 centimetres..." "On average, Toronto gets 127.1 centimetres of snow every year".

The nice weather is suppose to continue (hopefully I didn't jinx it here), with a forecast of 23º on Friday - potentially another record-breaker.  Of course, this all likely means a really hot summer and a fear that next winter will be, in contrast, a harsh one.  But for now, I'm enjoying the nice weather. 

(Look at me! I'm reporting the weather in Celsius and writing centimetres all funny!)

No comments: