In Superbowl-style, the Olympics has also been about the commercials for me. So here, in no particular order, is my list of favo(u)rites (or at least whichever ones I can remember at 2:30am).
[Of course, they are in Canada-only, so I will try to explain or find a YouTube].
All of the British Columbia commercials, Long and short versions. A bit like the California commercials, but pretty nonetheless.
The "I Believe" commercials by CTV, especially those featuring athletes. (Kristina Grooves, Patrick Chan, Figure skaters). I can't find the other ones they had in the months leading to the Olympics, but here's the one from a few days before the start. [Funny fact: We didn't realize it was Donald Sutherland's voice for all the commercials until this last one!]
The VISA commercials, voiced by Morgan Freeman, about Dan Jansen and the Jamaican Bobsled. They even had one for when Canada finally won it's first gold on home soil.
Hudson's Bay Company HBC "We were made for this".
Cheerios w/ Patrick Chan: Little kid cuts out box of Cheerios, writes something and puts it in the mail. Patrick Chan opens his mailbox, presumably at the Olympic Village, and gets "Cheer" cutout and the kid's handwriting in the back that says "I'm cheering for you".
Wonder Bread kids: Little kids as athletes. The curling stones and bobsled are hilarious.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment