Thursday, December 31, 2009

Year 2009 in Review

This year, I thought about creating a newsletter-type christmas card for our family and friends, but I got lazy. And really, our life is not that exciting. And even though the few readers I have already know all of this, I still thought it would be fun to recap our eventful 2009. So, as the last day of 2009 winds down, here it is in pictures!

Said "Goodbye, Chicago!", "Hello, Toronto!"



Took a one-month break (without a job, gasp!) and visited LA


Took a 3-week vacation to visit ancient ruins, creepy tombs and enjoy the Mediterranean sea







Ate a lot of gyros



Traveled to our respective homes to spend time with family and party at weddings




Celebrated our 1-year anniversary (in 3 different cities) and ate 1-year old cake


Someone turned 30 and became a professor :)

(I got a new job too, but I have no pictures of it...)

Started out the year with as a citizen of one country and a resident of one other one. Ended as a citizen of two and a resident of another one.

(At the courthouse getting citizenship #2 and my gift for getting PR#2)

Found an artsy hobby


Other things we saw, ate and did. Categorized under the three things I usually blog about:
 
FOOD!

Oh, how I miss wow baos

Koshari - egyptian meal of rice, pasta, beans, fried onions and tomato sauce

Seafood in Greece

My first turkey!


Modes of Transportation



Signs


What will 2010 have in store for us? A legion of students? A new place? Who knows! But we're looking forward to welcoming two new members of the family (no, no news here), more weddings, more trips, great times with friends, and of course, more food, transportation goodness and funny signs!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! Thank you for being loyal bloggers and readers with me.

1 comment:

Chams in PTY said...

Great year! And have happy and bigger expectaions for 2010!