Friday, February 06, 2009

Bad Luck Buses

Yesterday, I went along my regular commute to work and caught my bus without any problems (no just-missed it or long wait time). Unfortunately, when I went to sit down, the bus sped up. I hit my wrist trying to hang on to the poll and almost sat on a guy. Today, I was about 10 feet away from the corner when I saw the bus drive by! Usually I say "Oh whatever, I'll just get a coffee at Starbucks while I wait". For some reason my mind decides "RUN!", so I run the 2.5 blocks to the next stop like a mad person, knowingly run into incoming traffic even though the walk sign changed to stop and I knew the cars would have the green line. YIKES! I'm insane, why I did that, I have no clue. It was totally not worth being out of breath and sweating nor did I have anything I needed to get done in the 10 minutes I gained by catching that bus. I take that back, I'm not insane just dumb. PS: To add to the bad luck, when I boarded the bus, I fell and hit my knee.

Ironically, I got a $5 Starbucks gift card yesterday...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

geico!

carmen said...

Why did you get a gift card?

Look at it this way, you gained 10 minutes by catching that bus, but then you spend 10 minutes writing the blog entry about it. hehe.

Anonymous said...

True. If nothing happened to me, what would I blog about.

(I got the gift card by bringing a mug to work and saving the planet one cup at a time)

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised your company makes you bring a mug from home. My company is overloaded with mugs that people bring back from all their conferences. We probably have 10 mugs from ITS Massachusetts alone.

Lauri said...

@James: Wait, what's up with all the mugs? what kind of company do you work for?! :)