Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Washington trips

The last trips to DC have been a travel hassle. In February, my flight got cancelled because of a huge snow storm. Luckily, our travel agency got me on a 5pm flight, which ended up being the only flight out that night! In June, I had an afternoon flight back to Chicago to got delayed.. and delayed.. and delayed. The plane coming in finally arrived at around 7:50pm and they said "If we don't leave here by 8:10pm, we have to stay and cancel the flight. We apologize for not servicing the plane. Please get in the plane and sit as soon as possible." Man, crazy stuff - The flight attendants were saying "go go go!" and "I don't want to stay in DC - help your fellow passengers store luggage and sit!" instead of hellos.. It was kind of funny, and in good news, we did leave and I got home, late, but at least I was home. I took a trip in July, but I don't remember if I encountered any delays.

I'm in DC today, and Chicago is having a snow storm; both American and United issued travel waivers - meaning if you had flights on Dec. 15-17, you could change your flights without a change fee penalty. Flights seem OK, but I have changed my flight from 1:50pm to 8:25am. I'm hoping morning flights will be better and I wanna get out of here as soon as I can. WISH ME LUCK!

Looks like I may be coming back to DC the first week in January... and in February... Ugh.

No comments: