The 4 days in PR turned out to be my least favorite trip down there so far. I had a not-so-great seats on the plane, our regular meetings were irregular because they claim they didn't know we were coming (though the rest of the team and transit agencies knew), they changed the meeting location this morning without telling us (even though we asked the day before), and I got a stinking computer virus! I hooked up a USB key to the hotel business center and got stuck with a virus... Since our helpless IT help desk were useless and rude, I ended up formatting my USB drive and full-scanned my computer. Hopefully that'll be enough.
Just when you thought it was over...
I came home and I couldn't open the door lock!!! Our door has a regular key and a deadbolt, both of which you have to jiggle and hassle with to open. Unfortunately, the deadbolt decided to give in tonight and say "no more!", and unfortunately, I was outside with suitcases and a pile of mail. The night just turned worse as the maintenance guy was not very helpful (though he did try himself to open) and said "why you lock? you shouldn't have locked" (yeah, thanks buddy) and my phone is running out of battery! The front desk guy finally came back from his break and was able to find a yellow book to call a 24-hour locksmith. After a 20 minute wait, the locksmith arrived. He jiggled with the key, and said "nope, I have to get the drill and it'll cost you $170, and I can replace the lock if you want, but that'll cost you more". Oh great. It's not our apartment, so what are we suppose to do? My phone is dying and reception in the hallway is terrible, so calling T to see what we do is another challenge. Another 20-30 minutes of drills, hammer banging and a few neighbors wondering what the heck the noise is, the guy finally broke the lock off the door and I see a hole in the door. I tried to stall the guy about whether to replace the lock while T tries to call our landlord, but in the end, we figured we should replace it now and just deal with the landlord paying for it later.
Bad night sleeping last night, long flight, and a bruised finger from forcing a key to turn. It just wasn't a good day.
Oh, and I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out tomorow...
Happy halloween everyone.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you were tricked instead of treated. Plus wisdom teeth surgery? Bonus.
Post a Comment